Works began in April 2015. In December of the same year, the columns for the flyover steel beams were put into place. These beams, along with the flyover foundations were built in Spain and weighed a total of 530 tonnes, with the largest one spanning 32 meters.
The contractor requested us to execute Non-Destructive Testing on welds and the painting system applied in-situ following a strict program of inspection points, including: visual inspections, ultrasonic tests, magnetic particle tests and measurement of paint coat thickness.
The structure was found to be safe and a quality certificate was issued to our client to carry on with project. The total project had a worth approximately of €23 million.
National Stadium, Ta' Qali
Originally cost: €3 million.
The aim of the structural investigation was to determine the degree of damage related to the West Stand canopy and its supports.
The investigation consisted of:
• Identification of coating type
• Evaluation of the condition of the coating
• Thickness measurement of the coating
• Evaluation of the coating adherence
• Identification of corrosion type and cause
• Thickness measurement of the metals used
• Electrical half-cell potential of uncoated steel bars in the reinforced concrete
A report detailing all corrective action to be carried out together with repair work procedures to be followed.
Westin Dragonara Hotel
The aim of this investigation was to establish the quality of fabrication and assembly of a steel canopy structure.
The following was carried out:
• Inspection of quality of the assembled elements which were welded or painted at the workshop.
• Inspection and testing of the welds, joints and protective painting system related to the components of the steel structure carried out on site.
• Inspection of the type of joints prone to produce any type of corrosion such as: galvanic corrosion, pitting corrosion, and crevice corrosion.
• Inspecting the quality and the type of material of connector bolts and their isolating rubbers.
At the end of testing, a test report was issued including inspection date, works carried out, standards referred to, components inspected, results, conclusions and recommendations.
Determining the current state of Steel Beams in a dwelling using Non Destructive Testing (NDT).
A welding gauge is inspection equipment used for checking alignment, weld dimensions, and porosity of welds.
We can determine the quality of welded joints for steel columns and beams following European Standards for execution of steel and aluminium structures.
Inspection of a pedestrian steel bridge following a program of inspection points including: materials reception, inspection and testing of welds, surface treatment inspection, and painting system.
National Stadium, Ta' Qali
Control plan to determine the current state of the different elements within a steel roof structure. The reliability of a structure over the years is a reflection not only of the frequency of inspection and maintenance performed, but also of the quality of the inspections and reports, as well as the procedures that are carried out and the recommendations that are generated.
Aircraft maintenance facility
We carried out Non Destructive Testing on different fabrication elements for an aircraft maintenance facility.
Build your own site - Learn more